Good practices for R&D projects producing FLOSS

FP7 logoLast year, neuropathist in the context of some meetings related to the FP7 Research Program, check I started to write a document on Good practices for R&D projects producing FLOSS, store as a request for comments. The abstract says probably it all:

Many R&D projects are producing FLOSS (free, libre, open source software) in different domains. This document provides details on the practices that could be considered as “good” from the point of view of maximizing the impact of using FLOSS as a distribution model. It is targeted mainly at projects funded by the European Commission, but could be of interest for others as well.

Tomorrow I’m presenting it at the FLOSS Working Group meeting, scheduled in the Collaboration meeting for FP7 projects (Internet of Services). The talk is called “Dos and Donts: FLOSS in FP7 projects”, and I’ll be using some slides, which somewhat summarize the document.

If you have any feedback on these ideas, please, let me know! I’m now working in a new revision, having into account some comments that I had during the last year, and some new ideas. Stay tuned for its release!

Tags: , ,
Add a Comment Trackback

Add a Comment

Please leave these two fields as-is:

Protected by Invisible Defender. Showed 403 to 214,856 bad guys.